Upcoming Advocacy Activities and Opportunities
Join us for the 6th Annual
2019 Homelessness and Housing Advocacy Days
YOU are the experts.
The Partnership for Strong Communities and the Connecticut Coalition to End Homelessness (CCEH) (PSC) are hosting legislative Advocacy Days for the seven Coordinated Access Networks (CANs) operating across the state. This is your chance as service providers and advocates to inform Connecticut’s lawmakers.
The sessions will be:
- Greater Hartford
- Middlesex County
- Waterbury and Litchfield County
- Central Connecticut
- Greater New Haven
- Fairfield County
- Eastern Region
The 2019 Homelessness and Housing Advocacy Days will take place on April 17th and 18th at the Legislative Office Building (300 Capitol Avenue, Hungerford Street, Hartford CT) in Room 2600. This is an opportunity for you to discuss your region’s work to prevent and end homelessness across the state.
PSC and CCEH will help support your advocacy efforts by coordinating the events and tailoring regional factsheets and data. The following tools are available to the CAN regions:
- Advocacy Days Preparations Webinar
- The Reaching Home Legislative Priorities
- Key messages, supporting documents, and facts to help in sharing your stories
- A PowerPoint template to be used on the day of the events
- Templated materials to connect with your legislators before and after the events
How can you get involved?
We are well underway with the legislative session which kicked off in January, but our work is not done! There are many opportunities to get involved in advocacy efforts to end homelessness while we are still in session. Some opportunities include:
- Attending Advocacy Days with the Reaching Home Campaign
- Testifying or providing written testimony for hearings (we will send out Action Alerts when there are relevant bills or legislation being raised with information around how to connect with legislators and talking points to build into your testimony)
- Gathering testimony and stories from your region that reflect the goals set out by the Reaching Home Campaign’s legislative priorities for the session
- Setting up site visits with your legislators
- Engaging your community leaders and citizens in discussions
- And by regularly communicating your knowledge and experience to your representatives!
If you have any questions or comments regarding the 2019 Homelessness and Housing Advocacy Days or would like to get involved with statewide advocacy, please email Sarah Fox at email@example.com or Danielle Hubley at firstname.lastname@example.org.