Need Help With Housing?

The Partnership for Strong Communities conducts advocacy, research and education on affordable housing in Connecticut. While we do not provide direct services for those facing housing instability we can make connections to organizations that can provide further support or guidance.

Are you experiencing a housing crisis or need access to shelter?

If you, or someone you know, is at risk of having to leave their home and having nowhere to stay, please dial 2-1-1- and press Option 3 to speak with a 2-1-1 Housing Crisis Specialist. The line is open daily 24 hours a day.

If you are hearing impaired use the TTY number: 1-800-671-0737.
If you are outside of Connecticut or have difficulties using the 2-1-1 number, dial 1-800-203-1234.

If you are facing a domestic violence situation, you can reach out to the Safe Connect Domestic Violence Hotline by dialing: 888-774-2900. The domestic violence hotline is available 24/7 and will connect you with a domestic violence counselor.

You can also access 2-1-1 through their website:

2-1-1 serves as the front door into the State of Connecticut’s Coordinated Access Networks (CANs).

Housing and homeless services in Connecticut are accessed through CANs which consist of community providers across the state who work with individuals and families experiencing homelessness in their region.

Are you having trouble paying for your housing?

2-1-1 is the best resource for help finding options to pay your rent, mortgage, or utilities bills and stay in your home. You can call 2-1-1 to speak with someone immediately, or visit this page to find more information. Be ready to answer a few questions about your current living situation, any income you have, and any children or other dependents who live with you. 

Are you experiencing eviction or foreclosure?

For renters facing eviction or looking to move, use the CT Fair Housing Center’s Form Filler for information about getting legal help and representing yourself. You can also view their self-help resources for renters page for more options/information.

For homeowners who may be facing foreclosure, including mortgage, property tax, condo association, and other foreclosure types, you can schedule a free Foreclosure Advice Virtual Meeting to speak with an attorney at the CT Fair Housing Center and receive advice about foreclosure. You can also view their self-help resources for homeowners/home-buyers page for more options/information.

Are you experiencing housing discrimination?

If you or someone you know feel they have experienced housing discrimination, complete CT Fair Housing Center’s Discrimination form. A staff member will respond via phone/email within about 10 days of receipt of form. The CT Fair Housing Center may refer you to other resources, offer brief advice, or engage in further conversation. You can also view their resources on housing discrimination page for more options/information.

Share the Post:

Related Posts